April 21, 2009

Answered Prayer

There's nothing like an immediately answered prayer, even a really small one.  This morning I was laying in bed (it's amazing the ideas I've had just before getting up or just before going to sleep) thinking about Makilien, my second book specifically.  Now, I don't want to give a lot away, but there's something that needs to happen in both books.  Makilien does it in the first book, but I needed someone else to do it in the second.  I had a list in my mind of the potential characters that seemed to me to be the obvious ones to carry out my mission, and yet when I imagined the scene with each of them, no one felt like the right person.  It's a very important part of the book so it needed to be right and it bothered me that none of my characters seemed fit for it.  This was on my mind this morning, and when I still couldn't figure it out, I just prayed simply, "God, who do You want to do it?"  Literally within seconds of that prayer, I thought of one character who had never occurred to me before and he was the perfect one.  He gives much greater meaning and impact to the part than any of my other characters would have.  Things like that are just amazing to me and why writing for God is one of the greatest things I've ever done.

0 comments: