December 07, 2010

The Search for an Agent

I've come to the moment of taking a new step in my writing career and ministry. A step out of independent publishing and, hopefully, into traditional publishing. I've begun my search for a literary agent. I never imagined reaching this point, and let me tell you, nothing in writing has been quite as scary as sending out that first query letter.

 

Writing a query letter has always been something I've adamantly avoided. I hated the thought of it because it just was not something I thought I'd ever be able to do with any degree of skill. (Turns out to be easy when compared to trying to put together a book proposal.)

 

Over the last several weeks, I have spent hours on my computer doing all kinds of research on queries and agents until my eyes would hardly focus. I found some great sites that were invaluable when I sat down to write my query letter. Time will tell whether or not it will be enough to interest an agent, but while I wait, I thought I would share some of the most helpful pages I discovered. So be sure to check back in the next few days.