February 04, 2011

Courage is Complete

*throws confetti into the air* Today is a very exciting day. After a year and 5 months, I have finally finished writing Courage. It is such a feeling of accomplishment. At 44 chapters it is the longest book I've ever written. I'm not sure what the final word count will be, but it has to be over 100,000. It was an incredible book to write. Nothing I've written has ever challenged me like this book. I think it's probably the most emotional book I've ever written. It's also special because it marks my 10th completed manuscript since I started writing 14 years ago. The journey of writing Courage has definitely been a roller coaster. Because of the intense emotional aspects of the book, I certainly drew on a lot of personal experiences. It's the first book that ever truly brought me to tears while writing. I can't wait to share it.

 

Now that Courage is all written, I have a lot of editing and revision ahead of me. It's a very, very rough draft, but I always enjoy the editing stage. I am also going to begin Trust, book 3, as soon as I can. Starting a new book is always an incredible thing so it will be part of my reward for finishing Courage.

 

And, speaking of Makilien, within the next couple of months, I will be launching a website specifically for the trilogy. I've already begun work on it. I'll have all the information about it on there, including some free stuff, and the trilogy's teaser trailer that I've started putting together. I'm really excited about it and will announce as soon as the website is live.

0 comments: