February 10, 2011

Best Websites for Fantasy Writing

I've been writing fantasy since I was thirteen and I first saw The Lord of the Rings movies. Since then I've started several fantasy stories and have many more in my head waiting to be written. I think I'd have to say that fantasy writing is my favorite because the possibilities of what can be written are so vast. I wanted to share a few websites I found helpful for fantasy writing.

 

Here is a huge list of questions for world building. Answer all these and your fantasy world will be truly epic. http://www.sfwa.org/2009/08/fantasy-worldbuilding-questions/

 

There is so much information you can find on the Internet, but sometimes it seems you can't find the exact answer to your question. That is why this is one of my favorite articles I found. It couldn't have answered my question more perfectly: How far can a horse and rider travel in one day? That's a very important question considering horses are one of the main modes of transportation in fantasy fiction. Realistic Horse Travel

 

Here is an awesome site if you want to create your own fantasy language. It's a very comprehensive website for doing just that. http://zompist.com/kit.html

 

This is a website I found quite interesting (though extremely annoying with pop-ups). I has lists of names from pretty much any country you could think of. I've found some great names there to use in my fantasy writing, especially for fantasy cultures that are based on real cultures. http://www.20000-names.com/

0 comments: