July 27, 2011

Book Review–DragonFire and DragonLight

1189399

paul_dragonlight_scf

Today I’m doing a double review post. I read these books so quickly that it felt more like one book than two.

 

DragonFire was an interesting sequel to the first three books of the DragonKeeper Chronicles. I can’t say it was quite as good as book 3, but I still loved following all the familiar characters. What made this book fun and different from the ones before is that Kale and Bardon are now married in the story. I loved reading about the two of them. Donita K. Paul has written their relationship splendidly. So definitely worth reading to continue the adventure.

 

DragonLight, the 5th and final book was amazing. I’d say every bit as good as book 3, which was my favorite. It was very different from the others and fascinating. I really enjoyed the rather twisting plot in this one. And, of course, how could I not love reading more about Kale and Bardon after they were apart for so much of book 4? The two of them were constantly making me giggle or grin. Just ask my mom. I was probably grinning every time she walked by me. The only complaint I have about the book is that it seemed to end a little abruptly, and the way in which everything was resolved seemed a bit odd and out of place, but that is just me. I still adored the book and am now having to deal with the sadness of not getting to follow the characters I’ve come to love and enjoy so much any farther. Donita K. Paul certainly crafted a cast of very interesting, loveable, and memorable characters, and already I look forward to reading the series again.

 

For more information about the DragonKeeper Chronicles and Donita K. Paul, visit: http://donitakpaul.com/

0 comments: